[vc_row][vc_column][stm_single_image img_alignment=”center” img_id=”4350″ img_size=”large”][stm_text_box]The IB (International Baccalaureate®) Diploma Programme (DP) is a gateway to the most prestigious universities in the world and it is now on your doorstep at Shu Khinn Thar International College
The IB Diploma Programme (DP) is an academically challenging and balanced programme of education with final examinations that prepares students, aged 16 to 19, for success at university and life beyond. It has been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students. The programme, has gained recognition and respect from the world’s leading universities.
IB Diploma Programme students must choose one subject from each of five groups (1 to 5), ensuring breadth of knowledge and understanding in their best language, additional language(s), the social sciences, the experimental sciences and mathematics. Student may choose either an arts subject from group 6, or a second subject from groups 1 to 5.
At least three and not more than four subjects are taken at higher level (240 teaching hours), while the other subjects are taken at standard level (150 teaching hours).
Three core requirements are Extended Essay, Theory of Knowledge and Creativity, Action and Service.
Available Subjects at Shu Khinn Thar International College
- Group 1: Studies in Language and Literature.
- English Language and Literature HL-SL
- Chinese Language and Literature HL-SL
- Group 2: Language Acquisition.
- Chinese ab initio SL
- Japanese ab initio SL
- French ab initio HL-SL
- Chinese B HL-SL
- English B HL-SL
- Group 3: Individuals and Societies.
- Business and Management HL-SL
- Economics HL-SL
- Psychology HL-SL
- Group 4: Experimental Sciences.
- Physics HL-SL
- Chemistry HL-SL
- Biology HL-SL
- Computer Science HL-SL
- Group 5: Mathematics.
- Mathematics HL
- Mathematics SL
- Mathematical Studies SL
- Group 6: The Arts.
- Visual Arts
- Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS)
- Extended Essay (EE)
- Theory of Knowledge (TOK)
IB Diploma Core
Extended Essay (EE)
Extended Essay is a 4000-word research paper which students must complete during the course in any area of their interest. It helps students develop research and academic writing skills and prepare them for their future studies.
Theory of Knowledge (TOK)
Theory of Knowledge is a subject that teaches students how to think critically. Students are encouraged to reflect on questions such as: How do we know what we know?
Creativity-Activity-Service is a programme that takes place outside of school hours. Students are encouraged to participate in extra-curricular activities, and community work and reflect on their experiences.
- The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) is for students aged 16-19.
- It is respected by leading universities across the globe.
What the DP offers students
Through the DP, schools are able to develop students who:
- have excellent breadth and depth of knowledge
- flourish physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- study at least two languages
- excel in traditional academic subjects
- explore the nature of knowledge through the programme’s unique Theory of Knowledge Course
- develop research skills through Extended Essay
- learn outside the school through Creativity, Activity and Service.
- Develop 21st century skills